Thursday, April 2, 2009

Another day...another pint night

I was close to skipping this one. It was scheduled to be Sierra Nevada. It's not that I don't like Sierra, but it is because I like is so much that I have most of the glasses already.

P1010557

If you haven't been to Zax Pints & Plates, you need to. Ive been going there for about two years now. They have bar food classics done extremely well with high quality ingredients. They also have salads and some seafood.

On the drink side, their taps are good, prices nice (3.25 for the Sierra), and they have cask tappings on the regular.

P1010555

P1010554

P1010556

For the record, the best pizza in Austin is not at East Side Pies, Homeslice or Southside. It is at Zax. Their pizza does not aim to mimic or replicate a regional "style" of pizza, its only goal is to taste amazing.

Here is the equation: Pepperoni, Goat Cheese, Caramelized Onions.

That is a a recipe for awesomeness.

Did I make you hungry?

Here, this might calm you down.

P1010565

1 comment:

  1. I still hold East Side Pies at best, but I have yet to try Zax. We will have to figure this out soon...

    ReplyDelete