Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Bike Shop Days - Part 4

P1010798


Cyclocross

It has been my new thing for the past few months. Too bad I got into it just as spring came around. I first saw a cross bike when Mike brought in his custom Coconino. Thing was a awesome. Great cream color and built up with full DA.

He didn't ride cross in it's strict sense, but he told me that a cross bike is very versatile and practical. He also told me that the cross racing scene around the country is blowing up and a hell of alot of fun.

This year had all the ingredients for me to jump on a cross bike.

First, I got a huge crush on the Fisher Presidio when I first saw it in the teaser catalog. Black, nice. Steel, nice. Sram, nice. US made, nice.

Then, I was pushed overboard when my commuter was destroyed.

You know, if that didn't happen, I'd probably still be drooling over it.

I've had a hell of a time at BD's races, and on the bike in general.

Music time!

Big C directed me to a little band named Fishbone. They were a little overlooked, as they came from around the same place and time as the chili peppers.





No comments:

Post a Comment