Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Bike Shop Days - Part 5

SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT.

I fucked up big time on my first entry in this series, and I have been motivated to remedy the situation immediately.

So, I mentioned that was was pretty green outside of fixies as I entered the shop for the first time.

Before entering the shop, I had run into the knowledge base: http://www.sheldonbrown.com/.

While most people have seen his technical articles, I encourage you to learn more about who Sheldon was. A window into most people can be found in their sense of humor.

http://sheldonbrown.com/humor/

I swear, when I realized what I had bitten into, I got on that site and learned so damn much. Thank you Sheldon. That man, and his enthusiasm for teaching and sharing really helped me change my color from green. I used his wheel building guide for my first wheel build. It was helpful, concise, and free of unnecessary jargon.

Thank you Sir.
Thank you Sir.
Thank you Sir.
Thank you Sir.
Thank you Sir.
Thank you Sir.
Thank you Sir.
Thank you Sir.
Thank you Sir.
Thank you Sir.
Thank you Sir.
Thank you Sir.
Thank you Sir.
Thank you Sir.
Thank you Sir.
Thank you Sir.
Thank you Sir.

No comments:

Post a Comment