Monday, June 22, 2009

Bike Shop Days - Part 6

bike shop door

Lets forget bikes for a second.


Many of the best experiences I take from my time there have nothing to do with bikes.


I learned much of life, love, and the world there.


I confided in people there.


I had passionate debate/discussions there.


I became who I currently am, there.


You could say it is like family.


I mean, who lets you keep all your benefits when your not really working there?
It was weird. When I graduated, I had to get a "real" job to pay bills and get insurance for when I gank up my body. I started working less at the shop. And less. It came to the point that I would work only when a day off was needed. I kept my keys and benefits . I felt bad sometimes, but would always make myself available and useful when wandering into the shop. I offered to go in before opening and do builds or repairs. I was told not to sweat it.




This series will continue indefinitely, although it will be on a "flashback" kind of basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment