Sunday, October 4, 2009

Giro d Ghetto - Stage 5

Long miles.

Here is my story, and I'm sticking to it.................because its actually true.

I left my house around 2pm that day. I had a few errands to do and was planning to hang out with a friend for a bit.

Basically, I ended up hanging out quite a bit and the rain started getting worse.

It was 7pm when I began talking myself out of going to the rain for practical and safety reasons.

I stalled.

730pm rolls around and thyneighbor calls and asks if im gonna make it out. I say im a toss up.

I was sure I didnt have time to go home and get my road bike. I really didnt want to risk crashing my road bike anyhow.

815pm comes up and I decide just to go out there on my cross bike in my commuting gear.

The course was nice. Some eastside action. Total millage was in the mid 30s.

In the first lap, W.1, R, and myself worked hard for some separation from the field.

It payed off. We remained a group of three till the end.

It was hard working together though. Conditions were gross. Drafting got you a face of road spray.

In the end, W.1 outkicked us. I ended up with second.

No comments:

Post a Comment